|Photo Credit: Lori L. Stalteri via Compfight cc|
Need the perfect snack to serve while guests wait eagerly for Christmas dinner? Or just need the perfect Winter energy to keep you going as you wrap presents? Well then look no further than Fruit For The Office's perfect recipe that tastes exactly like Christmas.
Like eating deconstructed florentine, the dark chocolate mingles perfectly with caramelised cinnamon and ginger nuts and dried cranberries, cherries and raisins.
Easy to make and so quick, we really don't recommend preparing in advance (because you'll eat it all to yourself before it can even be served!)
Christmas Spiced Florentine Fruit and Caramelised Nut Mix Recipe
- 400g mixed nuts
- 75g dried cranberries
- 75g dried cherries
- 75g raisins
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Mix the nuts, butter, maple syrup, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a bowl until evenly coated
- Spread the mixture in a single layer onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently throughout to avoid burning
- Let the nuts cool then mix with the cranberries, cherries, raisins and dark chocolate chips and serve!
Tweet us @office_fruit and let us know if you'll be serving this up at your office Christmas party or as pre-Turkey nibbles on Christmas day!